Infinitas Bookshop Forums

Forums about science fiction, fantasy books, role playing games, tradable miniatures, books, authors, SF TV and film, etc.
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:22 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dr Who 2008
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:26 pm 

Location: Somehow I always find myself gravitating towards the centre of the universe.
For thos that don't already know, the Sontarans are going to return in next years season of Dr Who. There's some pics on the BBC website.

I can't speak for others, but i'm excited. The Sontarans have always been one of my fav enemies, ever since I first saw them in the Tom Baker episode Invasion of Time. In my opinion, they rank inbetween Daleks and Cybermen.

So far i've been impressed with how Russel T Davies has brought back some of the old enemies and given a modern twist to them. I'll be interested to see how he pulls off the Sontarans.

Post subject: Billie Piper back too!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:10 am 

And for those who haven't heard yet. Rose Tyler is apparently back for some episodes (rumour =3) in season 4 of Doctor Who.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2007/11/27/51031.shtml

And here was me thinking we were safe from Rose forever!

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:16 pm 

Location: Somehow I always find myself gravitating towards the centre of the universe.
Actually, I heard about it this afternoon and was going to post it up but I guess you beat me to it.

I agree with you 100%. I too though that we were safe from Rose. I don't know how they're going to pull it off though, what with her trapped in that alternate dimension and the Doctor unable to travel there. I'd be interested to see it, but i'm not looking forward to Rose comming back.

Tim would be looking forward to it. I can imagine that goofy grin on his face when he finds out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:22 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I can imagine that goofy grin on his face when he finds out.

What goofy grin? :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:33 pm 

Tim wrote:
Quote:
I can imagine that goofy grin on his face when he finds out.

What goofy grin? :evil:

You know damn well :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:40 pm 

I just saqw on you tube a 'commercial' for dr who that was shown in the cinema (why we don't get that here is another gripe) and there is Rose, clear as day. I'm sure I'm not the only one when I say NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:02 pm 

Can we have the link for that video?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:23 pm 

HFollow the link. The picture and sound quality is shite because it's recorded from a phone at a cinema.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L33XBnt_KZs

Rose is towards the end for those that want to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:34 pm 

Just a follow on about the trailer for series 4. It's going to be on the BBC website on Saturday 22/03/08 (UK time) So we'll need to look on the Sunday 24/03/08. Maybe then we can get a better look at what's to come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:24 pm 

Rejoice fellow fans, for the good doctor starts in the UK this coming weekend. Join me in celebration for at least we've got another 13 weeks of entertainment what with the second season of Torchwood finishing this weekend as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:40 am 

Wahoo! although at least I still have a few epsiodes of Torchwood to go before I run out. And then the annual drought of neither <sigh>

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:09 pm 

I too do never look forward to the annual drought.

Depressing when that happens, isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:06 pm 

I'm going to make it my goal to get Series 1 of Torchwood to watch until the good Doctor comes back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:44 pm 

I'm hearing strage rumours that Davros is going to be appearing in Series Four. I don't think we should put much stock in it, but it would be brilliant if it's true. Just think, Davros, The Doctor, chuck in a couple of Daleks and you'll have a brilliant 3 episodes (or even more). I know the Daleks are going to be in Series Four, so here's hoping...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:03 pm 

After a little digging through wikipedia and other sources, I found this out.

It is rumoured that Davros will return in Series 4 of Doctor Who. A press trailer for Series 4 showed the return of Harriet Jones, as well as showing the main antagonist of the series. He is covered in the shadows, but it's clear that the antagonist is half human, half Dalek. With the press release for Journey's End mentioning an ancient enemy that is resurrected, it seems highly likely that Davros will return.

On Youtube, a claim is going around that between the shots in the Christmas trailer for 2008 when the Doctor looked over in the office and when he says, "It's better that way," you will see a flash of an Imperial Dalek and then a dark green hand above a control panel. This is disclaimed, as by the time the Christmas trailer was released, the last episodes were not finished. This was answered by a pre-filmed insert.

Along with the fact that later in 2008 a toy Davros will be released, and the fact that Russel T. Davies said that in the end of the 2nd or 3rd last episode, will be a bigger shock than the end of Utopia, which marked the return of the master.

I'm intersted to see what RTD has install for us this season.