Infinitas Bookshop Forums

Forums about science fiction, fantasy books, role playing games, tradable miniatures, books, authors, SF TV and film, etc.
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:19 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dimensions In Time
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:24 pm 

This is probably a dumb question, but does anybody know whether I can get my hands on a copy of Dimensions In Time, which was a charity special that was made in 1993? It featured all of the (then) surviving Doctors, plus a few old companions.

Many thanks, it'd be great if I could, but would understand if it's not possible.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:32 pm 

Location: Somehow I always find myself gravitating towards the centre of the universe.
Destructive,

I have been looking for this myself recently when the fancy struck me and have come quite close on a few occasions. With persistance I'm sure that i'll succeed. Will let you know one way or another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:41 pm 

CyberController wrote:
Destructive,

I have been looking for this myself recently when the fancy struck me and have come quite close on a few occasions. With persistance I'm sure that i'll succeed. Will let you know one way or another.

Thanks, if there's anyone who can do it, I have been told it's you. Happy hunting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:28 pm 

Location: Somehow I always find myself gravitating towards the centre of the universe.
Okay, there's good news and bad news.

Good news, I may have found a source for the Dimensions in Time episode. The bad news is that I can't count on it's reliability or what the quality would be like. Seeing that it was made in 1993 and recorded first onto a VHS tape and from there later on converted to DVD I would hazard a guess that it wouldn't be the best out there. It would still be watchable though. I'll keep you apraised as progress is made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:32 pm 

It doesn't really matter about the quality, good enough to see is all I care about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:37 pm 

It should be good enough where you can see what's going on. But as Tim can testify to i'm a stickler when it comes to this sort of thing, as I need to get the best out of it that I possibly can. Like I said, i'll keep you appraised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:23 am 

Okay, good news. I managed to snag a copy of dimensions in time on that someone was kind enough to convert to DVD. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but will keep you informed once I do, which should be sometime this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:01 pm 

Cool, so let me know what to do about getting it to me, that is of course after you look at it. I will be forever in your debt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:48 pm 

Destructive wrote:
Cool, so let me know what to do about getting it to me, that is of course after you look at it. I will be forever in your debt.

Ok. To answer some of the fears that I've brought up in my paranoia that it won't work:

1) Yes it works (Praise the Great Material Continuum for that)

2) Quality isn't that great. It's not terrible, but you can at least see what's going on (depending on the size of your TV and such. It's very pixely)

3)Unfortunately, it's recorded in NTSC format, meaning that the colour is shite. If your worries about it being able to play on your DVD player or whatever don't worry, when I burn it onto disk such things won't matter.

4) As for getting it to you - I have absolutely no idea. If you happen to place a book order or something like that sometime soon we can ask Tim very very kindly if he would mind slipping the disk in with the books. Otherwise i'm open to suggestions. We may actually have to get Tim involved in this part of it as he's better at this sort of thing than me.

Questions, queries, comments, arguments or disputes?

Don't forget that I'm open to suggestions as to how to get this magic disk over to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Unfortunately, it's recorded in NTSC format, meaning that the colour is shite.

NTSC = Never The Same Colours

Quote:
my paranoia

I know you both.

Quote:
We may actually have to get Tim involved

You may leave a disc at the shop for pick up or inclusion in the next parcel. Alternatively, you could send a private message through the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:00 pm 

Tim wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately, it's recorded in NTSC format, meaning that the colour is shite.
NTSC = Never The Same Colours

True. For the lives of me I have no idea why that colour format even exists. It's absolutely shite and it's really no good. Give me PAL anyday of the week.

Quote:
my paranoia
I know you both.

Again true. You actually know me too well, including how to get large amounts of money out of me. Something that even the banks have tried and didn't succeed. You should actually be proud of that. I'm still haunted by how many vouchers I got by how much money I spent.

Quote:
We may actually have to get Tim involved

You may leave a disc at the shop for pick up or inclusion in the next parcel. Alternatively, you could send a private message through the forum.

You are a kind and generous soul Tim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:36 pm 

I order stuff at least once a month. It could be sent through the shop with an order, either that or if I happen to be in Sydney, I can pick it up personally from the shop. It does'nt matter how I get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:29 am 

Destructive,

I've since discussed it with Tim and he's fine to add it to your next order. I should be able to bring it to him sometime this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:49 pm 

That will be excellent! Thankyou very much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:56 pm 

Not a problem.

I would like to reiterate though that the video quality isn't all that great. However, you can still see what's going on, which makes it ok in the end.