Infinitas Bookshop Forums

Forums about science fiction, fantasy books, role playing games, tradable miniatures, books, authors, SF TV and film, etc.
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:51 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dr Who 2009
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:02 pm 

Location: Somehow I always find myself gravitating towards the centre of the universe.
Taken from the BBC website:

Doctor Who to return for fifth series in 2010.

After months of media speculation, the BBC can confirm that the BAFTA award-winning Doctor Who will return for a fifth series in Spring 2010.

Viewers are in for a treat this Christmas, as a special episode starring David Tennant and Kylie Minogue will be broadcast on BBC One in December 2007.

Series Four, which went into production in July 2007, will hit UK screens in Spring 2008, followed by a special episode for Christmas 2008.

In 2009 Doctor Who will return with three specials starring David Tennant, with Head Writer, Russell T Davies.

The full-length fifth series will transmit in 2010.

Jane Tranter, Controller, BBC Fiction, says: "Doctor Who is one of the BBC's best loved and most successful dramas. Its journey over the past three series has been one of the most ambitious and exciting that we have had, and I'm delighted to be able to confirm not only three exciting specials for 2009, but a fifth series in 2010. "

Menna Richards, Controller, BBC Wales, says: "The success of Doctor Who is a fantastic tribute to the dedication and expertise of the production team at BBC Wales who have worked on the project from the outset. This announcement is marvellous news for all involved, and more importantly for the programme's amazing fan base and audience. BBC Wales is looking forward to producing the fifth series."

Following the critically acclaimed season three finale, the BBC has announced that Catherine Tate is set to return to the TARDIS for the complete 13-week run of series four, reprising her role as Donna from the 2006 Christmas special.

Freema Agyeman, who won praise for her portrayal of Martha Jones in series three, is also set to return mid series four.

Do I take this to mean that we won't be treated to a full 13-part series in 2009? If anyone has anything to add then please do so as i'm sure i'm not the only one who is interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:29 pm 
Infinitas troll

I'm pretty sure that's what I've read elsewhere. According to ninemsn, David Tennant is wanting to spend some time next year performing as Hamlet with the Royal Shakespeare Company between July and November next year, so it doesn't look like he'll be available to film a complete series.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=157084

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

Just keep it in production. I saw Blink (again) on the weekend. I really like this episode. Great script, direction, acting, budget, ... More please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:41 pm 

Tim wrote:
Just keep it in production. I saw Blink (again) on the weekend. I really like this episode. Great script, direction, acting, budget, ... More please.

I loved that episode. It was one of those rare stories that was good enough to make me go "Oh f******k!". Can't wait for this weeks episode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:27 am 
Site Admin

So what will be shown on channel 2 during 2008? There will be a whole series won't there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:58 am 

Location: Somehow I always find myself gravitating towards the centre of the universe.
Yes Tim, there will be a whole series in 2008. It's in 2009 where we need to find something else to occupy our time. And I believe there will be a whole series in 2010 aswell but i can't really remember at this point in time. Will post more as it comes.