Infinitas Bookshop Forums

Forums about science fiction, fantasy books, role playing games, tradable miniatures, books, authors, SF TV and film, etc.
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Billie Piper Autobiography
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:03 am 

Location: Somehow I always find myself gravitating towards the centre of the universe.
Has anyone read Billie Piper’s autobiography? If so, what’s your opinion. I personally don’t particularly want to. She’s like 25 or something and she’s already written an autobiography. I think it’s a bit of a joke. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:27 am 
Site Admin

By that age, I had done enough in life to write a book, but I would not want it all in the public domain. Also, try as I might drop my ancedotes into conversations, no one else seems as interested as they should be. Ah, to be a vain starlet, and to have a ghost writer, and a fan base, and a marketing department...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:37 pm 
Infinitas troll

Billie may only be 24/25 years old, but it seems that she's done more than some people do in their whole lifetime. She was a singer before doing the Doctor Who series, so I'm sure there's plenty of material that could be used from those times.

Having said that, I don't have a copy of the book, and don't particulary plan on getting a copy of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:40 am 

Location: Somehow I always find myself gravitating towards the centre of the universe.
I was actually toying with the idea of purchasing a copy when I was in the shop on saturday, but after careful consideration of all of 10 seconds I decided against it. It really doesn't hold that much apeal over me. If it was an autobiography of one of the doctor's though, then that might warrant consideration of at least 1 minute.

Speaking of which, are there any autobiographies out there from one of the past doctors? I've read Tom Baker's autobiography but i don't know if any other's exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:38 pm 

I believe she's been acting since she was very young - 12?, so there would be a lot she has seen and done. (I think she said that when interviewed on Top Gear)
Whether the memories of a child coming of age in the industry is of interest to Joe Public - well, I know it doesn't interest *me* :)