Infinitas Bookshop Forums

Forums about science fiction, fantasy books, role playing games, tradable miniatures, books, authors, SF TV and film, etc.
It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 6:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dragonlance / Dragons of Autumn Twilight Movie
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:42 am 
Infinitas troll

Apparently there is a movie being made of the old Dragonlance Chronicles...
http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/movie/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0825245/

It's an animated movie, but hopefully it will be good. Also, it has some well-known actors doing voices (Kiefer Sutherland, Lucy Lawless, Michael Rosenbaum), so hopefully that helps as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:30 pm 

You're kidding me. This very forum page looks better than their site. Either this is a hoax of some sort, a very small project by a very small group of fans, not the official site it claims to be (most likely scenario), or some elaborate embezzlement scheme.
For crying out loud they spelt "Twilight" wrong on the first page (Can't blame them, I guess, its just the title of the movie).
Visiting their forums I can't decide what's funnier, the fact that they have 800 members+ with only 13k posts (my class of 2006 forum has 200 members, and 50k+ posts), the fact that a quarter of the members haven't made a single post, or the fact that the site appears to be run by ten year olds (read the first few lines of this: http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/forum/ ... PIC_ID=288)

If this site is anything to go by, I'd rather spend my time watching Eragon (Okay, I take that back before someone tries to ship me to an asylum. No-one should willingly enduring watching Eragon).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:38 am 

I'm throwing this out there from the industry newsletter :twisted:

Will Meugniot Will Direct 'Dragonlance'
Animated Feature

The Dragonlance animated feature, starring Lucy Lawless as Goldmoon (see "Dragonlance Cartoon from Paramount"), is slated for theatrical release in August 2007. The story is based on Dragons of Autumn Twilight, the first Dragonlance Chronicles book by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman.
The Dragonlance movie is being directed by longtime animator/comic writer Will Meugniot, who's directed Stargate: Infinity, Spydogs, and other TV shows; produced X-Men, Spider-Man Unlimited, Real Ghostbusters, Exosquad and a number of other animated series; and held a variety of creative and production executive positions at Universal Family Entertainment, Stan Lee Media, DIC Entertainment, Graz Productions, and Saban Entertainment.
The film's script is by George Strayton, whose TV writing credits include Xena: Warrior Princess, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, and Cleopatra 2525.
In addition to Lawless, Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor on Smallville, plus voice work on Justice League, Teen Titans, Static Shock, and Batman Beyond) has been cast as Tanis Half-Elven, and Jason Marsden (who has an extensive list of voice credits, including Fairly Oddparents, Xiaoliln Showdown, Teen Titans, Codename Kids Next Door, and W.I.T.C.H.) as Tasslehoff Burrfoot.
Three production companies are involved: India-headquartered Toonz Animation; Epic Entertainment, which has a variety of other game-based properties in development, including Deadlands, Magic, Urban Arcana, and World of Darkness; and Commotion Pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:10 pm 

The trailer is on Youtube; other forums Ive been on discussing this were not flattering in their reviews.

Question - Was Raistlin the angst boy template for Dragonlance like Drizzt is for Forgotten Realms :wink:

Jase

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:56 pm 
Infinitas troll

Jase wrote:
Question - Was Raistlin the angst boy template for Dragonlance like Drizzt is for Forgotten Realms :wink:

I never say Raistlin as being driven by angst. To me, most of the time he was driven by self interest, a strong desire for power and revenge for what was done to him at the Wizards Tower. He knew what he was doing, and seemed to have no real regrets for his actions.