Infinitas Bookshop Forums

Forums about science fiction, fantasy books, role playing games, tradable miniatures, books, authors, SF TV and film, etc.
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:33 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: D&D campaign: Town Inifinitas
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:19 pm 

Basic make-up of a town base where our Saturday game sessions.

Encounters start in the town and branch out from there and all encounters can then be reused for future lower level game days.

Town Name: Inifinitas.
Population. Mostly human 90%, Other 10%
Mayor: Human. Timus Humus (Tim) also the innkeeper

Facilities:
Inn/Tavern: Run by Tim. (regular bar flies are 2 dwarven sailors known as Dayve and Koll.)
Magetower Bookshop: operated by the Half/Elf Dann Ishhis
Plants and all things Natural: operated by human druid Keillie Diss.

On the river Parra is the town port of Infinitas. A quiet little hamlet that is a midway point for trade between the sea and the farmlands that lay to the west.
Once a year there is a week long carnival in celebration of the town's role in one of the largest battles to happen near the Parra river.
Built on the foundations of a once wrecked dwarven city, there are many various unexplored caverns below the city. Though nothing seems to come up from it, so no link to the underworld is believed to exist.
Surrounded by a stone wall the town itself is like a fortress, gates close at sundown and open at sunrise every day except public holidays.

This is only preliminary start to the township, any other details will be added as I think of them and other people give me ideas.

Post subject: Re: D&D campaign: Town Inifinitas
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

Heh, heh.
I can think of a few monsters / NPCs who would be recognisable but hesitate to make suggestions publicly in writing here. Ask me when you are next in the shop.
I like the idea - it is a fun setting and suits running casual adventures at varying levels.

Post subject: Re: D&D campaign: Town Inifinitas
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:52 am 

I agree, Already have in mind a first level campaign of eradicating pests from Dann's cellar/dungeon.

1. Diplomacy and bluff checks to try to get into city gates.
2. Depending on fail and sucesses or just clever role playing they end up doing a chore that the Mayor doesnt want to do himself.
3. Another Diplomacy check with Dann about the reason why they are there and not the Mayor
4. Encounter
5. Diplomacy/bluff/intimidate etc for payment and sorts after the encounter.

I figure that is 2 encounters worth of time, One battle encounter and one roleplaying encounter. As I have found recently the current D&D Saturdays are really just one battle after another with not much story and more wargaming to it.
To me and Phil, it is not what D&D is all about