Infinitas Bookshop Forums

Forums about science fiction, fantasy books, role playing games, tradable miniatures, books, authors, SF TV and film, etc.
It is currently Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:26 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mercedes Lackey Valdemar Books
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:29 pm 

Just thought I'd start up a thread about Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar books. I started this series with the Mage Winds trilogy and absolutely loved it. I've read all her valdemar books and am slowly buying them all. I love the different races and creatures (LOVE the gryphons :) ). I recently bought the Valdemar Companion book which I've finished going through and thought I'd see if there were other Valdemar fans (quite likely with this bookshop!!)
Rissa

Post subject: Mercedes Lackey Valdemar Books
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:38 am 
Site Admin

G'day Rissa

Sorry for the delayed response to your post... I've been a tad busy!

I was first introduced to this world/series last year. I've read the 'Heralds of Valdemar', 'Vows and Honour' and 'The Mage Wars' trilogies. I've really enjoyed these books. . I love the first trilogy 'Heralds of Valdemar' the best (magic and horses... what more could a girl ask for!) :D . Like you, I'm slowly buying up / reading the rest of the series. From what I've read, I like Mercedes Lackey writing more by herself than I do with Larry Dixon, but I'll wait until I read another trilogy bby them both efore I fully commit to that comment.

Have you read any of the other books that Mercedes Lackey has written?

Keep smiling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:42 pm 

Hey Jay
Great to find another Valdemar/Lackey fan :P
I'd have to agree with preferring her solo books (although I love Dixon's artwork!). I'm so glad she has been writing books on other characters like Skif and Alberich, I've really enjoyed reading about how they were Chosen.

I've read Black Swan and the first two or three of the Joust series (enjoyed it but haven't been able to get any copies from my current library so will have to save up and buy them!!). I've also recently finished the Obsidian Trilogy (which was also great). Have you read any of the Bard books? I've been meaning to get around to reading but the libraries in the past two towns I've lived in haven't been very good.

Anyway I'd better get back to work now :( much rather'd be reading!!

Have fun!!!!
Rissa