Infinitas Bookshop Forums

Forums about science fiction, fantasy books, role playing games, tradable miniatures, books, authors, SF TV and film, etc.
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AussieCon 4 (2010)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:07 pm 

Perhaps the biggest news for Australian F/SF fans to come out of the recent World Science Fiction convention is the fact Melbourne has won the bid for the 2010 World Con. *\o/*

http://www.aussiecon4.org.au/

When: September 2010
Where: Melbourne

I expect we'll see the site update frequently over the coming months, with guests, dates etc, now that the bid has been won.

The news missed this month's newsletter due to the fact that Awards is the only reports we saw until today. The roundabout manner of finding out was checking for George R R Martin's latest news (Dragons=no) and seeing updated appearances and wondering where he'd be going... Apparenlty Mr Martin is one of the Guests.

Anyway, a great big WELL DONE to the organisers for a succesful bid, and good luck in a succesful con.

Cya
Dan

Post subject: News update
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

I have received more information about Aussiecon 4, so here I share it with you...

Aussiecon 4, the 68th World Science Fiction Convention (Worldcon), will place Australia at the centre of the science fiction and fantasy world.
The convention will be held 2-6 September 2010 at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre. Guests of Honour include award-winning author Kim Stanley Robinson, award-winning Melbourne artist Shaun Tan, and dedicated fan Robin Johnson.
Previous Worldcons in Australia have inspired and motivated both emerging and aspiring writers, and we anticipate that Aussiecon 4 will be no different.
The convention is a five-day event bringing together a premium field of authors, illustrators, publishers, and other leading genre figures. It has all the features of an international writers festival but celebrates a very specific genre: science fiction, fantasy, and horror.

Aussiecon 4 68th World Science Fiction Convention
2-6 September 2010, Melbourne Australia.
Guests: Kim Stanley Robinson, Shaun Tan, Fan Guest Robin Johnson
http://www.aussiecon4.org.au
info@aussiecon4.org.au